New to our website, the perfect alternative to perfect binding. With this unique 5mm square spine finish we can increase the size to 80 pages creating a fantastic journal notebook. The covers are available in heavy 100% recycled board, cool kraft or our special Premium Cover material that comes with a smooth finish. Conventionally stapled in three positions, each notebook has the benefit of secure pages but with the improved appearance of a perfect bound style square spine.
Available as funky undersize A4 260 x 180mm. Each notebook has a printed cover and 76 plain or printed text pages, making an 80 page book. The notebook spine is 5mm wide (so remember to include this additional area in the size of your artwork. For example the notebook cover will now be 269 x 374mm including a 6mm bleed area.)
Due to the size of this journal notebook we will print up to 250 with digital covers and 500 and above with litho printed covers. All of which will be beautiful!
1. Build Your Order
2. Choose your Quantity and Size
Quantity 260 x 180mm 80 page 50 100 250 500 750 1,000
Covers up to 250 are printed digitally, 500 and up are printed litho. There is a difference in print finish between litho and digital - please be aware of this if you are making a repeat order of a smaller/greater quantity. Text pages 90gsm. Printed text pages must be the same across all cover options, not a different text per cover. Please note that we need up to 12 working days to dispatch from proof approval. We will send you a PDF proof which you must approve before we start your printing.
Our new size 260 x 180mm journal notebook is the perfect size for copious amounts of scribbling or as a design come sketch book. Complete with 76 printed or plain text pages on 90gsm recycled paper for a fully eco product, the beauty of square spine finishing is a neat, flat-close notebook and a brilliant alternative to expensive perfect bound books. As usual we offer our extremely generous multiple sorts option giving you up to four different covers for the same published price.
Journal Notebooks Specification
- 300gsm uncoated 100% Recycled Cover Or
- 285gsm recycled Kraft board Or
- 350gsm Smooth Premium cover from sustainable sources
- 76 plain or printed pages of 90gsm uncoated recycled paper
- Under size A4, 260 x 180mm
- Cover is printed outside front and outside back
- A 6mm bleed area is required for this notebook
- Up to 4 cover designs included within the prices shown
- up to 250 copies are printed digitally with eco-friendly toners
- 500 copies and over will be printed litho with vegetable oil based inks
- Stapled three times with a 5mm square spine finish (remember to include this in your artwork!)
- Dispatched within 12 working days from payment and PDF Proof approval
- Our Notebook Artwork Guide is available here
- VAT is due on this product and added in the shopping cart
Adding Printed Pages
- The text pages are printed in black/greyscale only on 90gsm uncoated recycled paper
- Don't forget to include your text page artwork - we can offer help if you are unsure about what your common text pages can be
- Text pages are printed litho with vegetable oil based ink
- All of the text pages must be exactly the same - so no page numbers allowed for example
Order Multiple Sort Covers
Digitally printed covers means that we can print up to four designs for the same price. Due to the complexity of binding this product we do not offer more than 4 designs currently.
Order a Printed Cover Sample
Our new Proofing Service also gives you the opportunity to upload your artwork and order a printed proof of the cover on either the 100% Recycled Board, Kraft or our Premium Board - just to be sure you like what you see.
Useful Information about this Notebook
Designing for Digital Printing has a few rules that you should be aware of to get the very best out of your product. If you need some advice have a look at our page on getting the best from your design.
If you want your cover printed inside and out we can do this too - just contact us or use our handy new Quote Request Form at the top and bottom of each page. We can work out a price in no time at all!
What type of cover is best for me? The recycled covers are printed on a pulpy board so feel thick to the touch. The premium smooth board is a heavier weight than the recycled but feels thinner. This is because the fibres in the paper have been squashed during the process that makes the board feel very smooth. Kraft covers are a two sided board with a dark side and a lighter side. We always work on the basis that the dark side is the front. If you are unsure about the best cover for your designs we recommend ordering a printed sample first.