Squared Spine Notebooks
Thanks to innovative new technology we are delighted to introduce our new perfect bound notebook alternative. With a 3 or 5mm square spine finish this notebook comes finished as 60 or 80 pages, with 90gsm recycled paper text pages and a heavy cover. The covers are available in thick 100% Recycled and Kraft board, or our special Premium Smooth cover material that comes with a super smooth finish. Conventionally stapled in two positions, each notebook benefits from secure pages but enjoys the improved appearance of a perfect bound style square spine and flat-close finish.
Available in finished size A5, A6 and DL (200 x 100mm). Each notebook has a printed cover and plain text pages. The notebook spine is 4 or 6mm wide (so remember to include this additional area in the size of your artwork. For example the 80 page A5 notebook cover will now be 219 x 308mm including a 6mm bleed area.) Download a template to help get the dimensions correct.
Did you order a sample cover? Please let us know so that we can match it :)
1. Build Your Order
2. Choose your Quantity and Size
Quantity A6 60 page A5 60 page A6 80 page A5 80 page DL 60 page DL 80 page 50 100 250 500 750 1,000
Covers are normally printed digitally and inner pages are plain or printed. Please note that we need up to 12 working days to dispatch from proof approval. All digital covers*. Multiple orders of the same product may extend the dispatch date. Text pages 90gsm. Printed text pages must be the same across all cover options, not a different text per cover. Covers may be printed litho for same costs dependent upon the design.
Our new A5, A6 and DL square spine notebooks come with 76 or 56 plain text pages plus cover and make an ideal notebook product. Whereas conventional stapled notebooks with this number of pages would ping open under the weight of the paper, the square spine creates a product that has a flat close and can be stacked easily. As usual we offer our very generous multiple sorts option allowing you to order up to four different covers for the same published price.
Squared Spine Notebooks Specification
- 300gsm uncoated 100% Recycled Cover or
- 285gsm Kraft board or
- 350gsm Premium Cover Material from sustainable sources
- Notebook size available as A5, A6 and DL (200 x 100mm)
- Cover is printed outside front and outside back
- A bleed area of 6mm is required for these notebooks
- Up to 4 cover designs included within the prices shown
- Plain or printed pages, 90gsm uncoated recycled
- Stapled twice with a 4mm (60 pages) or 6mm (80 pages) square spine finish (remember to include this in your artwork!)
- Dispatched within 12 working days from payment and PDF Proof approval
- VAT is due on this product and added in the shopping cart
Adding Printed Pages
- The text pages are printed in black/greyscale only on 90gsm uncoated recycled paper
- Don't forget to include your text page artwork - we can offer help if you are unsure about what your common text pages can be
- Text pages are printed litho with vegetable oil based ink
- All of the text pages must be exactly the same - so no page numbers allowed for example
- Adding text pages is for ONE page design only.
Order Multiple Sorts of Covers
Digitally printed covers means that we can print up to four designs for the same price. Due to the complexity of binding this product we do not offer more than 4 designs currently.
Order Printed Samples
Our new Proofing Service also gives you the opportunity to upload your artwork and order a printed proof of the cover on either the 100% Recycled Board, Kraft Board or our Premium Board - just to be sure you like what you see. Please note we can only print cover samples on this item, not a full book.
Useful Information about this Notebook
Designing for digital printing has a few rules that you should be aware of to ensure you get the very best printed notebook. Click through to our page of tips and advice for more information.
If you want your cover printed inside and out we can do this too - just contact us or use our handy new Quote Request Form at the top and bottom of each page. We can work out a price in no time at all!
What type of cover is best for me? The recycled covers are printed on a pulpy board so feel thick to the touch.
The premium smooth board is a heavier weight than the recycled but feels thinner. This is because the fibres in the paper have been squashed during the process that makes the board feel very smooth.
Kraft covers are a two sided board with a dark side and a lighter side. We always work on the basis that the dark side is the front. If you are unsure about the best cover for your designs we recommend ordering a printed sample first.